Sign in to follow this  
reapo

How is the community fairing atm

Just picked up the game today and spent 3 hrs doing nothing. Lol We sailed to multiple islands to try to establish ourselves and we constantly got chased back to our dinky little boat. Every time, we go back in the boat, sailed to a new island. Last Island of the night we decide to try our hand at the next island regardless of what happens. Besides constantly dealing with Alpha dickhead wolves for 20 minutes, we just couldn't get established at all until those that were already on the island finally decided to remove us lol.

I have no idea how to actually get going in this game when every island you encounter is claimed. It almost feels like there needs to be a new server opened up to deal with the over population of islands or to adjust how claims work.

Is anyone else having better luck? And I'm talking about people who are in similar situations, like me and my group, only the ending ends with you guys succeeding lol.

not good i sailed around for 7 hours straight island too island server too server every single land claimed before finally making my way too an island an died on it only too find out i couldnt spawn in my raft bed im in the same boat man no clue what to even consider doing right now cause if all lands are claimed well what the hell is the point right now lmao legit have seen Zero content besides my raft atm an im 14 hours total in gotta say its a wee bit lame was hoping too build something by now lmao small house etc

WYou really have to see this game as eve.

Mostly the players with most experience win, or the players who have the biggest group.

Solo playing on the pvp servers is almost not possible.

What i advice you to do is to seek a company and join some others.

Once you are at their base you are settled 🙂

I play in a dutch clan and we have 20 people. But thats still not enough to defend a big island.

So we made our own alliance and we have 3 company's in our alliance now.

Thats how we did it. 

Edited by warhealer

I have started on the PvE server to get familiar with the game before even attempting PvP solo as I mostly play by myself. The outlying islands are very ruff and dangerous. Died about 20 times setting up a claim on. H11 to snakes vultures Crocs etc. 

Haha, I think any island is rough with the amount of alphas that are on it. Seriously its kinda crazy how many alphas I have run into and of course the only one that hasn't killed me is the chickens lol.

Anyways, ya bringing an alliance would be the way to go but joining one isn't really an option as my group is already allied with 2 other groups and altogether, all three groups are scouting, trying to find places to make landfall. We aren't entirely sure how the mechanics of the lawless islands work, but I'm guessing players can put the drydocks/shipyards down to build sloops and such right? Just can't place any buildings/claims.