Sign in to follow this  
The Avatar DC

Keep Character info past the wipe

We should keep character info past the wipe.  Keeping the character info is no different than taking your existing  character to a map in an Ark cluster that you have not visited before.  Also level is not that powerful in this game. You basically get access to build more stuff. When it comes to fighting level does not seem to matter as much. I  am level 57 and still get my butt kicked by a low level Cobra if they catch me unprepared or without good armor.

The best reason to keep the levels  is  players will still have a purpose to log in until the wipe. I personally don't care about rebuilding. I constantly go to new servers to  explore and build bases. If you at least keep character info players will at least be able to get discoveries and continue to level up.  I doubt that many people have cheated to get levels and those that  have are not really that overpowered due to the design of the game. If you are worried about skills just do a forced repec after the wipe.   

Just now, The Avatar DC said:

We should keep character info past the wipe.  Keeping the character info is no different than taking your existing  character to a map in an Ark cluster that you have not visited before.  Also level is not that powerful in this game. You basically get access to build more stuff. When it comes to fighting level does not seem to matter as much. I  am level 57 and still get my butt kicked by a low level Cobra if they catch me unprepared or without good armor.

The best reason to keep the levels  is  players will still have a purpose to log in until the wipe. I personally don't care about rebuilding. I constantly go to new servers to  explore and build bases. If you at least keep character info players will at least be able to get discoveries and continue to level up.  I doubt that many people have cheated to get levels and those that  have are not really that overpowered due to the design of the game. If you are worried about skills just do a forced repec after the wipe.   

Nope