Sign in to follow this  
Wagz

Ship cannons vs Large

Adjust projectile speed of both cannons for example cannon balls can reach their max range over the same period of time. Increasing ship cannon project speed would make it easier to hit moving targets (ships) decreasing projectile speed of large cannons allows them to retain their defining characteristics of range and damage while making them slightly harder to land shots on moving targets.

thoughts ?

It's tough to tell what your trying to say here your first part "cannon balls can reach their max range over the same period of time" and "increasing ship cannon project speed" and "decreasing projectile speed of large cannons" are contradictory. Since the larges have further range, the first statement would make larges faster and slow down ship cannons. 

My thoughts? It would be realistic for you to hardly see any cannon balls at all and them all almost instantly hit, but from a gameplay point of view, there pretty good how they are now. 

First time I saw a cannon ball flying I was surprised how slow it moved.   When you can turn a ship to dodge one, that's slow.