myrddinstarhawk

Submarines, Diving Platforms and the golden age trenches

during the live stream, they said the submarine will only be buildable if you defeat the Kraken.  that does not mean you can't use the sub you just can't build them till you defeated the Kraken. the sub just offers a greater degree of freedom. you should still be able to visit the depths with a dive platform unless the institute a depth limitation to the dive platform your still limited to the area you can traverse because of the platform hose unless you have someone on the ship above, moving it to change your area of access. the sub will basically work as a diving bell allowing you to replenish your breath when free diving outside the sub. the sub holds 4 people so they can swap out when mining the ocean depths or taming crabs.  i expect when you die you'll respawn on the boat with the dive platform n one side and the dingy hanger on the other. the dingy hanger transports the sub distances.  after launching you use the dive platform to get down to the working depths where the sub is to replenish your breath you'll mine resources and the platform diver will carry resources back to the ship above.  they said the sub uses fuel. I expect it to be oil like the dive platforms.  movement up and down is cheap but lateral distances take more fuel. you'll have patrol boats above to keep any ship of the damned away from the diving mother ship. 

tamed crabs should also be able to carry subs like saddles where only the main sub driver controls the crab. also crabe will have cargo saddles to carry ballistas etc. 

people will probably be building underwater bases where subs can be docked and stored between uses. for long term to permanent underwater operations.  I saw some round doorways on some of the underwater buildings in the video i expect to be sub docking hatches. i am hoping for an aqua-lung or scuba suits like DaVinci invented for extended underwater operations.  the sub had what looked like a ballista spearpoint in the front but the devs said the sub would be unarmed.  maybe barista's can be added later.

• Confused 1