Sign in to follow this  
Buck Rider

Tames stuck on each other/ can't move/ can't fight

Recently I have been playing with tames. I have found a few game breaking issues with them all related.

I have gone harvesting on an elephant with a bear following to control snakes/crocs. Time and time again I with the elephant aggro something and the bear in turn aggros on that mob. But the bear very often cannot do anything. Because the bear runs right in to the rear end of the elephant and spends the whole fight stuck running up the elephants rear end. The bear is stuck and cannot not pass, so it cannot fight.

I also find...

Riding a bear with a bear following... after killing a mob, the 2 bears and the dead mob prevent the bears from moving apart. Often causing the need to dismount and walk away for the bears to follow to untangle the cluster.

I also find...

Two tames start to fight a mob but (sometimes) the first fights and the second cannot get past the first to help in the fight. The second in line spends the whole fight running in to the back side of the first. Just is with the harvesting elephant listed above.

One thing that may help. And I don't know the term you use. Is once a mob dies it changes to a state of being able to pass through it.

A second thing is maybe change tames collision box to round or to have a slight repelling effect. This may stop the tangle they get locked in. Or them to detect each other and the second responds by turning left or right to move around the first.

• Like 1

I've seen this issue also.  set your bear follow distance medium or farther back.  also wait till your riding the elephant before you tell the bear to follow,  this wH it follows the elephant and not you.  these two things helps a lot

Animal collision boxes need a serious look at.

My lions tail will clip through a wall, but will stop an elephant dead. My bears head also clips through a wall, but will push me away from it - while still keeping me a few centimeters away from actually touching it...

Elephants can knock over a tree, but can't push a sheep out of the way?

Lots of work to do.