Sign in to follow this  
Bullet Force

Offline Raid Solution Must Come With Raider Loot Protection

On 2/22/2019 at 3:23 AM, Bullet Force said:

I noticed in the latest Captain's Log that the devs seem to have given into the "game is too hard" crowd yet again and in particular have said they are going to do something about offline raiding.

Incorrect.  They are no longer going to cater to the "PvP is too hard," crowd.  Sorry, no more attacks against undefended bases and ships.  You will have to PvP more often, now.

That said, I do agree that some form of reward needs to be available to the raiders, if they win the battle.  At the same time, being able to get away with the loot is a fun aspect of the game.  I have done this and succeeded, and I have done it and made a mistake that cost us everything.  Sad that people who avoided PvP have now caused things to have to change.

I still want the ability to get away with the goods, but I don't see how this can work with anything that locks the goods down once war is declared.  If everything is locked down, I can't pull blueprints out to use them.  So maybe the BPs need to be in a bookshelf that allows a crafting station in range, to see them.  Gold needs to be in the bank, which ties into all banks.  Like most games, you have a balance of credits.  You would still need to take that gold back to your bank after doing the treasure maps.  But this can be exploit proof also.  Add a ship's safe to all ships.  You can place it, but the ship can't sail without it.  When you dig up gold, it goes directly into the ship's safe that is nearest.  When that ship returns to the home island, the gold is transferred to the main bank.  If the ship is sunk on the way, the defending players can take the gold out, but dropping it leaves it in a box with a really long timer.  The box should look like the treasure chest you dig up, so it is distinctive, and it should glow so it can be found by those searching for it.

Treasure maps should also have a permanent storage.  Taking one out to find that gold should only create a duplicate that you use to find the gold.  If you have not dug it up yet, the map is still available to be taken by the raiders.  If they take it, your copy disappears.  To save on coding, that storage, could act like a refrigerator, drastically extending the decay timer of the map.  Shorten the present timer to about 48 hours to encourage putting it into the storage.