Sign in to follow this  
TinyCuts

What is up with collision in your game?!

From npc's on ship working their way up from the bottom of a ship to the top deck and then falling off, to tames falling through multiple (3+) levels of stone floors to get stuck in another wall or floor. What I want to know is HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?!

Everything in this game has collision, but apparently somehow collision means nothing. I've seen people say use this type of material, use ceilings with pillars, etc. etc. but for some animals NOTHING matters. The only thing I can begin to recommend to people at this point is to not paint your bears, because out of my 4 bears, 1 I pained and he falls through floors daily. I claimed a bear from a different company who also falls through the floor fairly regularly though not as much as my painted one. The bears I've tamed and haven't painted seem to have an easier time of staying where they should be. 

As you can tell from the image below, pillars don't even help the situation. Came back to my island to find these two that fell through not one but 3 stories to get to this position! 3 stories!!! What kind of collision or loading issues do you have to fall through that many floors?!

AtlasBearProblem.jpg

Characters load before collision objects, so they have a tendency to fall to the nav mesh.

I assumed this was the case, so then what are the reasons for needing characters loaded before collision objects as things are loaded in for your client? One would think the order of things would be the simple solution to the problem within a given space from your character. This would also solve a problem of people getting trapped inside of other's facilities due to riding around on mounts and structures loading in after the fact.

Edited by TinyCuts
  • Like 1