Zendrex

Linux Server Files When?

Title, and no i'm not going to run Wine.

I don't mean to be a dick about this, but when ARK came out, it took them forever to release the Linux distro of the server files. I would love to be able to host a large scale map for myself and everyone else, however I'm not going to be moving to Windows Server in order to do this.

Any info on the linux distro would be great. -Zendrex

• Like 1

+1 on this; there are plenty of people who want to dockerize this and host it on their Kubernetes clusters as well.

Anyone recommended any hosting companies? Wanting to set up my cluster and have been reading that Linux is better for it.

2 hours ago, WarBux said:

Anyone recommended any hosting companies? Wanting to set up my cluster and have been reading that Linux is better for it.

My go-to is ReliableSite, been with them for years.
If you do end up with them, use my ref! HERE

19 hours ago, mutated said:

+1 on this; there are plenty of people who want to dockerize this and host it on their Kubernetes clusters as well.

I actually plan to integrate this into Pterodactyl Panel (as it uses docker and can handle this sort of thing if done correctly).

Its similar to Kubernete's for deployment, but its made for hosting game servers. Should check it out!
https://pterodactyl.io/

1 hour ago, Zendrex said:

My go-to is ReliableSite, been with them for years.
If you do end up with them, use my ref! HERE

I actually plan to integrate this into Pterodactyl Panel (as it uses docker and can handle this sort of thing if done correctly).

Its similar to Kubernete's for deployment, but its made for hosting game servers. Should check it out!
https://pterodactyl.io/

That's interesting, but for me probably overkill, I just want to host a test server for making mods.  

I sure hope they dont forget Linux, we need to keep prompting them, so don;t forget about Twitter, they have always been more active on Twitter than in here and other forums.  

• Like 1

On 12/27/2018 at 4:53 AM, Nelson Sandalwood said:

That's interesting, but for me probably overkill, I just want to host a test server for making mods.  

I sure hope they dont forget Linux, we need to keep prompting them, so don;t forget about Twitter, they have always been more active on Twitter than in here and other forums.  

They are active on Twitter that's true. But they never answer when ppl uses the word "linux" in a sentence...

That starts to scare me ! 😕