Sign in to follow this  
Roadster

Unknown icons above npc's / balista's

Does anybody know what these icons mean? They are above the npc's / balistas when I make them an active group. They won't shoot the balistas as long as these icons are there. They come and go every odd minutes.

If I would make a guess, it's a sort of mutiny symbol? Which didn't seem likely because I stuffed them with gold and food in case the ship resource box or food larder are out of reach. (I've read this could be an issue in case of mutiny). I even tried moving the resource box and food larder closer to the front of the ship, but that didn't change a thing.

Any more info is appreciated!

rFjK25u.jpg

Another person was asking.   I told him that its ammo box out of range, which it has been for me, but it didnt fix for him.  Are the ammo boxes at extreme range?  I've found they can be.... wonky.

hm, thanks for the suggestion. That was the next thing I was planning to move to the front of the ship after the resource box and food larder. Since occasionaly they would shoot (and thus could reload the weapons) I was under the impression the ammo box was inside their reach. But indeed that box is on the complete other (back)side of the ship atm. I didn't know this could be a thing on a brig and it's size.

I'll move it and test if that makes a difference.  Thanks again.

Thanks a lot for the help and confirmation. This was indeed the problem!

I just tested it. Moved the box to the front and the balistas immediately loaded ammo and the icons are gone. They didn't do this before.

mBNJZlH.jpg

I'm still pretty new to using npc's and balistas etc. so I didn't know what they should do or what to expect. But it's working now! 

And learned another lesson with ammo box placement on ships and such 🙂

Edited by Roadster