Sign in to follow this  
Implicitlee

Reducing Buildings To Increase Performance?

I thought I read some where, that Grapeshit wanted to reduce the amount people built to help increase server performance?

If this is the case where on earth is your logic when it comes to reducing the blocking range of a foundation? 3 weeks ago I had 1 Chinses foundation preventing me putting a wall on MY foundation, then you reduced the effective range of foundations, I managed to get that wall up, but latest patches instead of 1 foundation there are now 3 all people are doing is placing MORE pillars/floors to claim the same amount of land. makes no sense what so ever,

Edited by Implicitlee

They never said that, the foundation range reduction was for lawless to allow more people to build. The side effect was even more pillar spam which is not as bad as massive gate spam.

A structure limit would be nice. Specially since the client can only get information from the server at a very slow rate.

6 hours ago, Shintai said:

A structure limit would be nice. Specially since the client can only get information from the server at a very slow rate. 

I think this may have more to do with your PC. My PC has no issues and my lawless is pretty busy.

The object spamming sucks but it may be even worse to have island without any open space. Just think if every area block by spammed pillars were blocked by spammed buildings. I do agree with limiting spam pillars but not in limiting real building to your house/barn... 

This might not happen if there was a claim limit. How about a company is limited to one island? And that is if you have over 50 active players. A guy tried to recruit me the other night. One perk he listed was his company had 8 islands and lots of space for building. While its hard just to pull a ship up to many lawless islands.