Sign in to follow this  
Skody

The biggest problem with the claim system in PVE is overlapping

I’ve played the game since day2. Struggled to find land. Been griefed in PVE.  I’ve had my base and ships stolen. I’ve somehow managed to come out of all of it with a tiny patch of land that’s sort of safe.

My company of 2 active players has 10 claims. 3 of these we actually care about (one base area , one deep water shipyard area, one small resource patch). The other seven claims are just protecting that core set of 3 claims from overlapping sea claims. With the current system anyone that has a base on a claim that’s near water and not buffered by other claims is at risk of having their base stolen from them. The large radius of the water claims and the ability to ‘wiggle’ them into place to get around any restriction on overlapping is a big problem. We would gladly remove 7 of our claims, 70%,  if the devs would fix the problem with overlapping to ensure base and shipyard security. 

Asides from the overlapping problem I think the claim system should function as more of a layered system of claims with each subsequent claim you place being weaker and easier to contest. Your pimary claim should be very secure with a 3 week cool down. Subsequent claims would quickly become easier and easier to contest. You could set which flag is your primary claim (choose which area you want secure). Companies could cluster together each members ‘primary’ claim to create larger very secure areas. Outlying areas created by subsequent claim flags would be much easier to contest. This would have the effect of creating a layered ‘onion’ of claims the outer layers of which are weak and the core primary claim secure. 

• Thanks 1

They cannot "steal" your buildings with a sea claim.

You can only take over ownership of buildings with a land claim, even if the aggressor declaims the defender's land claim with a sea claim, the buildings will not transfer to the aggressor until they remove the sea claim and replace a land claim.

Sea claims don't take structures.

the system should alwasy give priority to the 1st claim the overlap should belong to the original claim not claims placed after ...this would solve the issue