Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jack Shadow

Please optimize the game, especially the updating system.

My game was just trying to update.  It stopped.  Not enough room on the disk.  So I check, and sure enough, my 500GB SSD is completely full.  ARK used to do this to me also.  ARK, and Atlas are the only two games that have ever done this.  It's like each update does not properly clean up after itself, and eventually, your drive is full.  With ARK, the solution was to uninstall the game, and reinstall, after cleaning up the drive.

Why?

• Like 1

Never reinstalled ARK once since it first released. Never had an issue. Maybe your PC is borking it?

• Sad 1

Well, reading the General, I am not the only one with the issue, and I was not the only one with that issue with ARK.  If you are using a huge HDD, you likely won't have an issue, but people using SSDs, are more likely to.  Just because your computer isn't having an issue with it, doesn't mean it's not an issue.  The issue is that for a relatively small update, it says 6.4GB on steam....it is trying to use 100GB to do it.

• Like 1

Some kind of weird problem is up with this last update. My game has been updating for like 5 hours now, and the progress bar is all over the place. Same story for most of my guildies, and our boats are being sunk while we are locked out of the game.

Just gotta say it, though I know this post will be deleted.

This game has too many bugs, was never ready for release. This was a cash grab, and I hope someone sues Grapeshot. Hire some actual talent and produce a quality product before getting people to buy.

yea, i will problaby have to uninstall and reinstall the game. My steam was installed on C and game on D drive. Suddenly D was empty and C (W windows) was completly full. My computer was near a total crash as windows got F up. Ark had same or similar issues. Recommend having steam on a seperate disk with at last 120 GB free and Atlas/Ark on a dedicated SSD with at least 120 GB (Prob more)

Im just confused on why it needed to move all exsisting files from one disk to another, whty not overwrite exsisting files in stead.

If it is steam fault or Atlas i dont know.