Lukaseka95

Cannons controlled by AI crew

Hey guys. I setup combat schooner with 6 cannons, 3 cannons on each side. I have only 3 ai crew members. I heard somewhere, that they can switch sides. From left to right to fire cannons. Cant figure out how this could be done. Any advice? 

• Like 1

Taming groups, you need to assign one side and the crew to the group, you can then switch between groups with your taming commands.

1 minute ago, Humcitysav said:

Taming groups, you need to assign one side and the crew to the group, you can then switch between groups with your taming commands.

I set up 2 groups, 5 and 6, but cant figure out how to unset from right side and let them manned cannons on left side. 

It would be under your default H commands, so different from the ship groups when you are on the wheel. Those groups are preset to ignore commands if you press that group button.

16 minutes ago, Humcitysav said:

Maybe I am misunderstanding, but it sounds to me like you are giving instructions for splitting control of 6 crew members, rather than toggling where the same 3 crew members are assigned.

Edited by Uueerdo

I’ll be honest I havent tried myself, but I was told that to have them switch gun sides you need to assign them to specific taming groups, which are then controlled when you hold the tame group key (default H). 

28 minutes ago, Uueerdo said:

Maybe I am misunderstanding, but it sounds to me like you are giving instructions for splitting control of 6 crew members, rather than toggling where the same 3 crew members are assigned.

Yes, there is some confusion here. I watched a good video on this, there are by default 4 taming groups for your ship already setup. There is a rear, a front, and left side, and right side taming group. So you don't need to make the left and right side group, they already exist.

Yes, you still need to have NPCs on each side. The only way I know to switch sides is to manually go to each NPC, unseat it from a gun and then move it to the other side and assign it to a gun on that side.

Sure would be nice to be able to assign it to two guns, but not currently possible as far as I know.

17 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Sure would be nice to be able to assign it to two guns, but not currently possible as far as I know.

Yeah, or a separate order/whistle for each main direction, like "fire port" and "fire starboard", that tells the current group to find and use cannons appropriately directed.

Edited by Uueerdo

22 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Конечно, было бы неплохо иметь возможность назначить его на два орудия, но в настоящее время, насколько я знаю, это невозможно.

Perhaps I will use it, but I can not explain because English is not my native language. The key to understanding-a group of guns on the ship.