Sign in to follow this  
Primus

So Forsen logged in the other day...

As one of the biggest Forsen fanboys out there, I naturally had to skim through the video of his most recent ATLAS stream. And boy o boy, what a showcase of spawning under tiles and falling through ships that was. The level of proficient game physics, and state of the art melee combat was just jaw dropping. It's nice to know thousands of other viewers were able to see the same grand demonstration of awe-inspiring gameplay I witnessed.

Especially when one considers the recent nerf to "block suicide". Which was a player created workaround for the innumerable ways of getting stuck, or falling through structures into inescapable spaces in Atlas. 

If block suicide wasn't intended, maybe fixing the actual broken game physics which are forcing players to kill themselves on a minutely basis would be the correct course of action. 

I logged in today under my normal bed spawn in a completely honeycombed space, instead of destroying my way out, I wanted to see how long punch swinging myself to death would take.. Without having the exact time, lets just say - WAY longer than I want to spend killing myself just so I can get out of a stuck scenario. After that I respawned successfully at a bed and went through a door and was immediately stuck again by a bear that fell through the ceiling and was glitched, blocking the doorway I was attempting to go through. It was all rather comical.

I know the devs are hard at work making puckle gunner npc's invincible and various other high priority tasks reality, but there's some very fundamental issues in Atlas, which oddly enough, seem to be going completely ignored.

Hopefully, high profile streamers and content creators keep putting the spotlight on these issues and we get some real fixes. It would be a real shame if Atlas doesn't turn over a new leaf from the old Ark mantra: "create, never fix", because it is an awesome game at the end of the day.

Edited by Primus

1 minute ago, Primus said:

As one of the biggest Forsen fanboys out there, I naturally had to skim through the video of his most recent ATLAS stream. And boy o boy, what a showcase of spawning under tiles and falling through ships that was. The level of proficient game physics, and state of the art melee combat was just jaw dropping. It's nice to know thousands of other viewers were able to see the same grand demonstration of awe-inspiring gameplay I witnessed.

Especially when one considers the recent nerf to "block suicide". Which was a player created workaround for the innumerable ways of getting stuck, or falling through structures into inescapable spaces in Atlas. 

If block suicide wasn't intended, maybe fixing the actual broken game physics which are forcing players to kill themselves on a minutely basis would be the correct course of action. 

I logged in today under my normal bed spawn in a completely honeycombed space, instead of destroying my way out, I wanted to see how long punch swinging myself to death would take.. Without having the exact time, lets just say - WAY longer than I want to spend killing myself just so I can get out of a stuck scenario. After than I respawned successfully at a bed and went through a door and was immediately stuck again by a bear that fell through the ceiling and was glitched, blocking the doorway I was attempting to go through. It was all rather comical.

I know the devs are hard at work making puckle gunner npc's invincible and various other high priority tasks reality, but there's some very fundamental issues in Atlas, which oddly enough, seem to be going completely ignored.

Hopefully, high profile streamers and content creators keep putting the spotlight on these issues and we get some real fixes. It would be a real shame if Atlas doesn't turn over a new leaf from the old Ark mantra: "create, never fix", because it is an awesome game at the end of the day.

His company over use of exploits have also been shown. GG Since he likes to show you guys his streams maybe look deep into how he offlines to get content.

His company over use of exploits have also been shown. GG Since he likes to show you guys his streams maybe look deep into how he offlines to get content.

Did an actual parrot just read my post?