What type of requirements would there be to run a full map of atlas? Like how would it look like or how my blades would it take to run it or could you do it off of one machine. Kind of new to the server thing but would love to learn how to do something like this on this kind of scale. 

Thanks in advance

6 minutes ago, Scubasteve117 said:

What type of requirements would there be to run a full map of atlas? Like how would it look like or how my blades would it take to run it or could you do it off of one machine. Kind of new to the server thing but would love to learn how to do something like this on this kind of scale. 

Thanks in advance

For a full map you will need 144 servers, 2 cores each. Just to tell you what it take but who want a full map on dedicated? No players want to sail 30 hours to see someone else.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Starbuck said:

For a full map you will need 144 servers, 2 cores each. Just to tell you what it take but who want a full map on dedicated? No players want to sail 30 hours to see someone else.

@Starbuck

I know this is likely very RAM heavy, but do you have an idea on what CPU clocks would be needed?  I'm looking at doing a much smaller grid then a full Atlas setup but I still want to have the ability for large sea battles with 150 people per server.

Thank you in advance!

2 hours ago, Reni said:

@Starbuck

I know this is likely very RAM heavy, but do you have an idea on what CPU clocks would be needed?  I'm looking at doing a much smaller grid then a full Atlas setup but I still want to have the ability for large sea battles with 150 people per server.

Thank you in advance!

Any decent i7 or xeon will do. But i think you have already sort of answered your own question, with 150 ppl per server it is RAM you want to be looking at. That and a very strong inet connection (no less than 500Mbps up).

• Thanks 1

So is the estimation that each server/square will use around 4 GB RAM? And what's the proper agreed to nomenclature for these map squares (J9, K14, etc)? Are we calling each square server, map, square...?

1 minute ago, Kalizaar said:

So is the estimation that each server/square will use around 4 GB RAM? And what's the proper agreed to nomenclature for these map squares (J9, K14, etc)? Are we calling each square server, map, square...?

I've seen Tiles used when talking about Multi-Grids