This help may be a bit late but I had the same issue on my server.  I also hosted the game on the same network/computer as I was playing on and it turned out the issue was due to my router not supporting NAT loopback.  I was able to get around this with some internet settings for my own computer but my wife could not do the same for hers.  In the end, I had to get a different router to make this work.  This is an issue with many games that use external IP addresses.  I was able to connect to my own server through the steam server list by using my internal IP but I could not see my server in the server list and I could not connect through my external IP.  All the images are served through the seamless port so if you game is telling your computer to connect to ext.ern.al.ip:27000, you router can not do that unless it specifically has NAT loopback.  I have learned over the past couple weeks, this is not a standard feature on all routers and you have to look specifically for it.  I am not using the Netgear Nighthawk R7000 and it works fine now.