Sign in to follow this  
Larger

When will firearm damage return to it's previous values?

So it's been almost a month since the one of the major patches adjusted firearm weapon damage universally (why they didn't just make an extra stat on the character or armor sets regarding bullet resistance, I have no idea), and public opinion is largely negative to this change. The dev's mentioned that they wouldn't return the damage values because of PvP, but have mentioned that there has been some backlash in regards to PvE and have thought of increasing bullet damage to animals.

They also mentioned that every change they make can't be recklessly implemented but this is exactly what it feels like they did. No one complained about the weapon damage being too high. If the weapons damage is too high, then perhaps making them less accurate would have been a better solution. Either way, I think it's time that the damage values against animals, and enemy NPC's be adjusted back to their original values. It was perfect. You could defend yourself! The weapons had impact which made them feel powerful and fun, but not too powerful as to feel unstoppable, and it felt like you had control of your surroundings because of it. All predators are too aggressive and have too much HP to warrant defending yourself with firearms now.

If there was one major adjustment I would like to see them "recklessly" change, is this. Add in the additional animal damage. Make us feel like we can defend ourselves again. 

Edited by Larger
  • Like 1

They talked on the stream about adding a multiplier to wild animals as a possible solution.

It would be a good step in the right direction. Before the patch it also used to be easier to get head shots on animals too, but that has changed, and I understand why. That was a reasonable change. I get that they want to make this game feel like your surviving, but it feels like its too much. I get that this is their game, and they have a vision for what they want it to be, but sometimes the dev's may need to make adjustments the players have been loudly asking for. 

Edited by Larger

41 minutes ago, Larger said:

It would be a good step in the right direction. Before the patch it also used to be easier to get head shots on animals too, but that has changed, and I understand why. That was a reasonable change. I get that they want to make this game feel like your surviving, but it feels like its too much. I get that this is their game, and they have a vision for what they want it to be, but sometimes the dev's may need to make adjustments the players have been loudly asking for. 

There are animals that don't even have a head hitbox.