Sign in to follow this  
Orionadie

Fishing rewards

So has anyone gotten anything besides fish from fishing?

I took the time to make the better fishing rods but no items or bps so far for me only fish.

Anyone else have better luck? Or why bother putting legendary fishing rods in the game.

In its current state, fishing is a useless mechanic unless you're just afraid to get in the water. You get more meat with a hatchet, and you can easily kill a fish with a pike or bow. I made a couple fishing rods, but after a single day we threw them all out after realizing they were nothing but a waste. And, no, we never got anything from fishing except small amounts of fish meat.

Edited by ViperGuyMike

In Ultima Online fishing was fantastic, I would like to see some of it implemented here.. but we need to be able to fish on a moving ship too!!!

You could fish up messages in bottles for high value treasure maps, occasional items and every so often you would fish up a sea serpent of varying difficulties with high yield loot when killed.

There needs to be far more to do on a travelling ship which gives benefit however slight, I think fishing on voyages should be there.

I've punched fish, in one of the Freeports with shallow water.  I got meat and fish oil.  With current decay rates the fish oil was the better reward.

please bump this post, I know we all want the devs to fix the broken things in this game but all it would take is to add some bps and some say resources to thier loot table to make fishing fun and worth while again.

Here's one for you, maybe you could add the elusive Hatchet BP and improved saddle BPs to fishing.

• Like 1

It's be cool if the accordian song boosted gold amount as well 😛

So more mats, kind of like Ark fishing? 

Sounds good to me. What about a rare chance for a T-Map ... maybe chance for small item or a bit of keratin (since fish eat bugs)