Sign in to follow this  
mars1806

Please Help, can only join freeports or lawless servers

hi guys, 3 days ago i installed the atlas servers using chromeSDK's atlas server controller and it works great. I am running 2 grids, one will be the server i am currently on, and the second is the server i am about to go to. So i open and close servers while playing, and this also work great! But now comes the problem, if i start a server (grid) that is not a freeport or lawless region the server just wont show up in the server list, but its running and i can sail to it. i have tested multiple (normal)servers but they dont show up. I started playing on L5 then sailed to L6 and then sailed to K6 and logged out on K6 (K6 is no freeport or lawless region). But because i can not see that server i cant join back. I have dubble checked all my files and there seems to be no problem with them. I have removed the saves and setup everything from the start, i added the servers to steam but i cant join trough steam it gives me an error(also happens with L5 and L6 that i can join trough the game server list). I have searched for 3 days now and can't find a solution i really hope someone can help me out.

Edited by mars1806

I fixed it. When you hold ctrl and click lmb on a server grid you see a thick box called Home Server, i had to click that on all non freeport/lawless grids and now all servers show up.

also on the same tab you will see Override ShooterGameMode Defaultgame.ini Values, with key and value under it.

under key you can put ClampHomeServerXPLevel and under key put 100

This will let you level up past level 8.

I hope i helped someone with this.

Edited by mars1806

1 hour ago, mars1806 said:

I fixed it. When you hold ctrl and click lmb on a server grid you see a thick box called Home Server, i had to click that on all non freeport/lawless grids and now all servers show up.

I have the same issue with a 2x2 local hosted grid. I can travel anywhere. But only if i logout at the 1 grind that is the home/freeport/spawn point I can login back. If I logout in any other of the 3 remaining grids its over, I cant login back to the game. I made Home the other 3 grids but still the same problem (Unable to query server info for invite).

Did you made anything else to the no freeport grids or just the Home ticking?

Thanks

PS I have read about NAT loopback, but i dont think its that. I can login and logout to the freeport grid A1 as many times as i want, when I move to other grids and disconnect its the problem, I cant connect and spawn back there. Direct connect also not working.

Edited by BloodyPunky

i have also added bDontUseClaimFlags and NoClaimFlagDecayPeriodMultiplier, i copied this from a lawless grid and made it the same, but i think that is not your problem.

did you dubble check your batfiles?

if you can run multiple servers you should check for chromeSDK's atlas server controller, its a Great and eazy tool.

Edited by mars1806

i dont know what the difference is but for some reason a server on a ordinary grid didn't sow up on the server list.

im fairly new to running servers and just trying things, and this works for me.

if anyone has another solution, or can explain me how this can happen i love to hear it tough.

On 1/21/2019 at 11:17 AM, mars1806 said:

also on the same tab you will see Override ShooterGameMode Defaultgame.ini Values, with key and value under it.

under key you can put ClampHomeServerXPLevel and under key put 100

This will let you level up past level 8.

I hope i helped someone with this.

You can more help on the devs discord, as many of us had the same problem .   The better fix is to add all the servers to your steam favorites and make everything not a home server there is too much hidden stuff we cannot control for home servers.  The real bug is that rejoin does not work, as it knows where you are.

Edited by krazmuze