Sign in to follow this  
SirAve

aggressive language in voice chat

Ahoy, i don't understand why so many people have to use such an aggressive language in voice chat.

i'm in freeport, get some wood, someone walks by and says "f. you" why? that's just one of many examples.

You get insulted wherever you go, especially in freeport and lawless. In the text chat I can still see who that was and report it. But in the voice chat it is unfortunately very difficult to not possible. Most of the time I can't even see the char name. i find it very unpleasant to be addressed in this way, especially when i play a game, which is for recreation. A reporting function for the voice chat would probably be a possibility, but I can hardly imagine how this is supposed to work. the consequence I had to draw is to deactivate the voice chat and thus to dispense with a valuable element of the game.

What remains is the question: can we no longer deal with each other respectfully?

When in a heated battle, in the frame of the environment and clearly recognizable as a role, the language becomes rougher... but this is not about this situation.

Stefan aka SirAve

• Like 1

My good sir, The Federation agrees with your sentiment. We would like to project politeness and respect, even to our enemies. Nothing wrong with a bit of witty banter, but some folks in the game are either children or sociopaths. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SirAve said:

Ahoy, i don't understand why so many people have to use such an aggressive language in voice chat.

i'm in freeport, get some wood, someone walks by and says "f. you" why? that's just one of many examples.

You get insulted wherever you go, especially in freeport and lawless. In the text chat I can still see who that was and report it. But in the voice chat it is unfortunately very difficult to not possible. Most of the time I can't even see the char name. i find it very unpleasant to be addressed in this way, especially when i play a game, which is for recreation. A reporting function for the voice chat would probably be a possibility, but I can hardly imagine how this is supposed to work. the consequence I had to draw is to deactivate the voice chat and thus to dispense with a valuable element of the game.

What remains is the question: can we no longer deal with each other respectfully?

When in a heated battle, in the frame of the environment and clearly recognizable as a role, the language becomes rougher... but this is not about this situation.

Stefan aka SirAve

Keep your thick skin, don't be such a snowflake. This is PVP and unfortunately, sandbox PVP players are some of the most caustic players around. You have all kinds of age groups and intelligence levels running all over the map. There are numerous languages and cultural diversities and then add in the Player vs. player with weapons aspect of the game and you get a pretty aggressive game. 

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SirAve said:

Not when the game is focused around pirates, unfriendly behavior and not forgetting... ONLINE... Have you not seen a single public post on Facebook?

Feel free to be all nice and loving, but you need to accept the internet is not filled with pink fluffy bunnies and flowers, it's a cruel and nasty place... the sooner you accept that a move on with your fragile life, that better.

Edited by Faicorf
  • Like 1

Hello,

If someone shoots the ship under my ass, I'm not friendly 😡 and aswell the opponent doesn't have to be friendly, whether he has won or lost, doesn't matter.

What I meant were situations during chopping wood. These baseless insults.

I agree with you Vaylain and Faicorf, some people are like that.

But do you like that?

I don't, so I draw attention to it.

Say no to disrespectful behaviour.

Stefan aka SirAve

Ps.: Thanks SatelliteJedi

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are pirates and pirates like 4 letter words.     If you don't like bad words kill them.     It's a pvp server.   Follow them out of the freeport.    Otherwise turn off in game sound.