Sign in to follow this  
wereaardvark

Vitamin Deficiency issues

While im sure you were attempting to make scurvy a thing in the game the Vitamin issues are at best annoying and at worst game breakingly terrible.  First requiring fish for a Vitamin is Fing stupid... I grew up 1000 miles from the nearest ocean and didn't even taste fish until I was 16 years old I didn't die because I didn't have fish.  Second the Vitamin abundance issues are equally stupid.  with the exception of heavy metal poisoning, such as silver, lead, and gold our body does a GREAT job of getting rid of excess vitamins and minerals.  My character is currently afflicted with Vitamin B poisoning which i'm assuming is supposed to represent Iron poisoning...  Iron poisoning is only an issue when someone swallows a massive chunk of steel eating too much steak in real life will just make you vomit or defecate NOT DIE.  you alreasy represent multiple ways of dying through eating why put nutritional imbalance in the game?

• Like 1

Yeah I am really not a fan of the system.. 

For me I think it needs to be removed I know they were trying to make it harder for people to move around so much but its a bad system and means I have to keep thinking about eating different types of food instead of enjoying the game.

Plus most people just kill themselves and respawn.. so yeah pointless 🙂

• Like 1

The system just does not work for the game. No one wants to manage 4 different food types and it's easier just to put stuff in a box or have a bed and just die and respawn ignoring the vitamin system altogether.

• Like 1

Lol I was running low on all vitamins but couldn't do anything cause if I would eat I would just overeat and hurt myself.. kinda wonky. I just ignore vitamins now while on my raft and just let myself die and respawn. Works way easier.

I'm all for getting rid of the vitamin system completely.  As I said on the Steam forums: I think I spend more time balancing my vitamins and keeping myself from dying of hunger or dehydration than I do anything else in the game.

• Like 1

Havn't played yet but just reading about this Vitamin system makes me think if i really want to play. I am fine getting some food or water but I don't need another real life. I want to Explore and build, don't run around all day just to not die because I have not eaten fruit for a few days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gönndyr Meergold said:

Havn't played yet but just reading about this Vitamin system makes me think if i really want to play. I am fine getting some food or water but I don't need another real life. I want to Explore and build, don't run around all day just to not die because I have not eaten fruit for a few days.

I wish I could tell you it was that simple.  But you have to maintain 4 vitamins A, B, C, D. If any of them gets too low, you die.  Vitamin A only comes from mint, egg, or chamomile.   Vitamin B is only from regular land creature meat.  Vitamin C so far only comes from berries.  Vitamin D ONLY comes from fish meat.  Sounds like it would be simple, but it's not.  Not when you're trying to do a bunch of other things to prepare yourself to leave the starter island.

1 minute ago, Generalissimo said:

I wish I could tell you it was that simple.  But you have to maintain 4 vitamins A, B, C, D. If any of them gets too low, you die.  Vitamin A only comes from mint, egg, or chamomile.   Vitamin B is only from regular land creature meat.  Vitamin C so far only comes from berries.  Vitamin D ONLY comes from fish meat.  Sounds like it would be simple, but it's not.  Not when you're trying to do a bunch of other things to prepare yourself to leave the starter island.

Even worse. Would be okay if the Vitamins last for a longer period but from what I read it's not balanced either.

Well After I leveled up "decreased vitamine depletion rate" I have not much issues with this.

What ist the worst though ist being able to Cheat the problem with beds on board. So you dont have to prepare for a jurney, but just spawn on the ship again.

That should be not possible. The Whole mechanic will be avoided this way and with that even the simple hunger-stat.

• Like 1

This thread needs to move to the top!

The vitamin system is my biggest fun-blocker with the game right now. I can have fun until I notice I'm low on Vitamin D and then it's just a chore. Particularily since there are no fish to be found near the freeports. The closest you get is a stingray/mantaray, but they are speedy and avoid you at all cost so you might just drown trying to chase one of those fellers.

This game would be MUCH better without the vitamin system. Maybe just knock the survival aspect to food and water or remove surivial entirely.