Sign in to follow this  
reapo

Should Cosmetic armor just be cosmetic?

So a lot of the issues people are complaining about, predators being over powered or over spawned, ships of the damned, etc. Why not give the cosmetic armor bonuses for having a complete set. Not the ones you can buy, but for like the hydra armor. Make it to where its harder to get and it has to be farmed to get a complete set, but if you do the armor has a set bonus for dealing with PvE threats, so maybe reduced damage from the animals (wolves, lions, etc).

Can even have a vendor in the freeports that you can buy special PvP cosmetics that enhance your stats for PvP. Currency could be the skulls of enemy players (course it has to be very strict on how they currency is counted so they cant be exploited like killing and hanging your company members)

I think the hydra armor can be farmed sure, and having it be very strong. I just wanna mention that going around with plate armor does not seem to do anything. It needs to be boosted. instead of getting mauled in 3 hits using hide armor, i get mauled in 5 hits. you would think plate armor would be stronger than that:) 

I wish I could use plate armor where I live. I live on desert island, so I have a heat wave every 10 minutes that last 6 minutes lol So i'm basically naked or running around in cloth armor

1 minute ago, reapo said:

I wish I could use plate armor where I live. I live on desert island, so I have a heat wave every 10 minutes that last 6 minutes lol So i'm basically naked or running around in cloth armor

Get fortitude and put that plate on. Getting that 1 extra hit means maybe will get to the water before those 10 wolves bite off that ass.