Sign in to follow this  
MeatSammich

Small QoL improvements

Just some ideas for small quality of life improvements that I've wished for over the past 150 hours.

-Being able to sort by material type. ie: All thatch listed together, all wood, etc.

-Selectable material containers that you could set to only take thatch, or fiber, or wood, etc.

-The folder system not working, saving, and having to have the item to set up a folder in the first place.

-Lanterns  breaking and having to be taken to the smithy to repair, but instead they should be able to be filled with oil in place to repair.

-Crafting giving XP. As the designated cook and builder for the crew, its annoying to not get any xp for building everything, while the gatherers and hunters get it.

-Being able to build things that are build out of personal inventory, on the smithy.  Its just annoying to have to pull the resources off the smithy to build a bow, or arrows, then put them back.

-Dyes not showing up worth anything on stone. A good portion of the dyes don't show up accurately on stone. Reds are almost not noticeable.

-Those cluster of stupid spiky 'straw' plants on tropical that cover a stupid amount of ground, are annoying to harvest unless you hit the center stalk of the bunch, and give hemp instead of straw...and not even much of it for how much area they cover.

-Being unable to anchor in anything but the shallowest of waters.

-Resource blocking distance from lighthouses, shipyards and anchored ships is way too far of an area.

I know everyone has other issues with griefing, balance, etc, that are being theoretically worked on, I was just wondering if people had any other wishes for basic quality of life things.

• Like 2

Oh, a couple that I forgot...

-Predators should attack  other predators. Watching a giant snake, a tiger and a crocodile stand around my body together with a scorpion and rattlesnake cheering them on is kinda annoying.

- Containers that accept items they can't use. My arrows ending up on the grill, or my meat ending up on the smithy when I transfer all is annoying. Ship resource boxes only accept what they can use, which is so nice.

• Like 1

A lot of this is good, just keep in mind that one month into a 2year EA is probably not the point at which the devs are ready to tackle QOL changes. I’d guess it might be a year before they start looking at this kind of stuff. I’d suggest reposting periodically and adding other stuff to it as you go.

with regards to Xp for crafting, that one is kinda tricky cause I get where you are coming from but they gave crafting Xp in Ark and people just used it to pl to 80 in a day by crafting narcotic. On the other hand they have 15 professions and only about a third of them deal directly with killing animals, currently the main way to get Xp. Clearly a middle ground is needed.