Sign in to follow this  
archaegeo

Grapeshot - Late Shift leaving Official - Need more bans

So Im not in the Late Shift, and I don't play on official PvP anymore, but I enjoy watching them play on it, but now they are going to leave official after this mornings Whale incident.

(They were attacking a foreign galleon with a group of ships and suddenly 6 whales spawned all at once facing the foreign galleon).

Some folks will say good riddance, etc, but losing such a popular group of streamers, whom the CM has featured in his twitch stream and official forum announcements, does nothing good for the game.  I think they are still going to play on an unofficial RP server, but it does nothing to support the MMO if they leave it due to hacks.

And while I get that it takes time to fix some exploits, banning someone who abuses them does not, especially when it is a blatant exploit that requires no investigation, just watching a 30 sec twitch stream

And while you may be banning folks left and right, we don't know that you are, and that creates the PERCEPTION that you are doing nothing about cheaters/exploiters save the few fixes in the patch notes, but no punishments announced.

We dont even need names (though that would be nice), but we do need to know that cheating/hacking reports are resulting in bans.

5 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

So Im not in the Late Shift, and I don't play on official PvP anymore, but I enjoy watching them play on it, but now they are going to leave official after this mornings Whale incident.

(They were attacking a foreign galleon with a group of ships and suddenly 6 whales spawned all at once facing the foreign galleon).

Some folks will say good riddance, etc, but losing such a popular group of streamers, whom the CM has featured in his twitch stream and official forum announcements, does nothing good for the game.  I think they are still going to play on an unofficial RP server, but it does nothing to support the MMO if they leave it due to hacks.

And while I get that it takes time to fix some exploits, banning someone who abuses them does not, especially when it is a blatant exploit that requires no investigation, just watching a 30 sec twitch stream

And while you may be banning folks left and right, we don't know that you are, and that creates the PERCEPTION that you are doing nothing about cheaters/exploiters save the few fixes in the patch notes, but no punishments announced.

We dont even need names (though that would be nice), but we do need to know that cheating/hacking reports are resulting in bans.

Never saw the point in watching someone play a game. 

Mans yeah it wouldn’t be a bad thing for the players if a mega left. For the game? Sure it would be bad since it will be yet another drop in player count. But I am sure a lot of players will be more than happy that a mega is leaving. 

When that happens in ark they throw a party. Just a matter of time either way before it is done for as a whole 

12 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

Punishments shouldn’t be announced and they won’t be announced. That is just stupid. Players don’t need to stick their nose where it doesn’t belong