Does anyone know, if each grid square is it's own server, how many servers we need to rent in Australia to play the game not just a tiny scrap amount of it? 

from what I have read yes 1 server equals one grid and 150 player cap. to max it out I believe it was 144 servers (might be wrong but its in this sub forum in one of the posts from another user)

2 minutes ago, Cybinja said:

from what I have read yes 1 server equals one grid and 150 player cap. to max it out I believe it was 144 servers (might be wrong but its in this sub forum in one of the posts from another user)

that's a lot of money...   ah well thanks! 

15x15 = 255. You would need to be able to host 255 instances of Atlas. That doesn't necessarily mean 255 physical servers.

1 hour ago, Morgrhim said:

15x15 = 255. You would need to be able to host 255 instances of Atlas. That doesn't necessarily mean 255 physical servers.

But when they launch the dedicated servers anyway, no dedicated will want to have that large since there will not probably have enough players to encounter at 30 hours of sailing of each others.

2 minutes ago, Starbuck said:

But when they launch the dedicated servers anyway, no dedicated will want to have that large since there will not probably have enough players to encounter at 30 hours of sailing of each others.

I agree, but that wasn't the question. He wanted to know what it would take to run the whole map. I'm personally shooting for a 5x5 grid on my hardware.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morgrhim said:

I agree, but that wasn't the question. He wanted to know what it would take to run the whole map. I'm personally shooting for a 5x5 grid on my hardware.

Yes i just answered that because he looked disapointed and said:

1 hour ago, T3rm1n83r said:

that's a lot of money...   ah well thanks! 

:classic_biggrin: