Sign in to follow this  
Cole

Possible fix for sinking boat issue šŸ˜¬

Yes or No  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like this idea? For PvE Zones/Servers

• Yes
    • No

Let me say this now, I only play PvP so I donā€™t encounter this ship sinking issue as much as yā€™all so I may be completely wrong about this.

Ā 

I have a few ideas of ways to fix people sinking boats on PvE servers or Freeportā€™s for PvP Servers. For PvE Servers for boats that are overweight to the point to were they should be sinking, instead they just shouldnā€™t be able to move. I understand people could easily abuse this on PvE by just AFKing on a boat with weight so you wonā€™t be able to move your boat. Unfortunately that could be an issue but once the player dies youā€™ll be good to sail again so might take some time and have to wait but at least you will be able to use your boat again and not loose it. For Freeportā€™s on PvP not sure about PvEĀ  but when you log offĀ  with a ton of weight on someoneā€™s boat you canā€™t be killed or access their inventory. So you will forever be able to sink someoneā€™s boat and not worry about dying fromĀ  just simply logging out. If someone logging off and becomes invisibleĀ  is same for all PvE servers they could simply add a feature so anyone that is not in tribe of the people that own the boat will become ā€œfloatingā€ so the weight will then be removed from the boat and allow you to then move your boat when the player logs back in they will no longer be on the boat. So yes someone could sit and troll you for hours and make it so you canā€™t move your boat. But at least it wonā€™t sink anymore. If you like this suggestion upvote it if you have another ideas that donā€™tĀ  require boats having potentially unlimited weight feel free to post them as well.Ā  With this feature the worst thing you would have encounter is someone being rude and just making you wait to use your boat

Ā 

Ā 

Typed this while on phone in class but should be written well enough for yā€™all to understand.Ā 

Ā 

I agree with this fully. The encumbrance system is already in place, there should be no need for weight damage on a PVE server. On PVP it isnt needed because if something is that weighed down then its a juicy target to sink and loot.