Sign in to follow this  
Elrood

Claim timing, number of claims, etc. broken from player perspective

Quick summary of everything that is broken within current system:

Claiming can take 6 hours and ANYBODY can reset the claiming process.
That is not only nearly a man-day in any reasonable office, but anybody who move around can reset this claims. There were people who claimed to try for 24 hours all around and failed. 
This is not working for anyone and frankly I don;t understand how it could have been a good idea.

2 hours claim with possibility to reset only by owners is already a long time but somewhat understandable. 3 hours would be a long stretch. Assuming someone is busy with something in different sector, i can't find a situation in which that person could not take 2 minutes in span of 2 hours out to stop the claiming and go back to what he or she was doing. 

Now, second problem - anybody can reset the timing - this makes claiming on island with active players impossibility. Going around falling trees, gathering fiber, taking maps, everything can break someones claiming process. Maybe in PvP  you could do something about it, if you had company with dozens of players, in PvE its hopeless. 

From what i see, 6 hours claiming is always on, regardless of how many flags you have + on one of my flag was written that i had 0 claims - while i know i have 5. This may need some confirmations because i have claims which are overlapping (my sea claim overlapping my own 2 land claims and parts of the 3rd).
Some claims seems to be impossible to contest even if there is no one around. Have one such flag overlapping my territory. 

Claims overlapping is still a thing as far as i know. 

So, yeah, a lot to fix, tweak still in this regards to make current system usable.

• Like 1