Sign in to follow this  
LaiTash

Remove fog

I don't think it can be dealt with anytime soon, so why not just remove fog altogether so we wounldn't have to make game look like shit just to stay competitive in PvP. 

[edit]

On the other hand, remove ways to remove fog. I actually like additional challenge that's realistic and not like 6 tornadoes chasing you or SotD everywhere you go.

Edited by LaiTash
  • Like 1

Ah, was just gonna say oh no another person that wants everything easy, but I’ve seen you changed your mind xd 

I agree they should make a way not allow you to disable fog via whatever rending option is needed for low end pcs to get a similar effect. I personally play with fog and coming into port a few times I have damn near smashed into the gate every time the fog is going. Nothing like seeing a sotd right off your bow and having no time to evad as your are sailing in fog or the shots of cannon fire at a distance in the fog. I have noticed occasionally the fog renders like crap around the sails and kind of lets me xray through it. This also needs to be resolved.

The waterspouts are a bit overdone I would rather see hurricanes added that cross the map along the equator ,and players can give information to avoid it or you can see it coming on the horizon, and massive thunderstorms rather than just rain with the occasional powerful waterspout/tornado that crosses land and water during the thunderstorm. I think just rainstorms shouldn't include the chance of waterspouts/tornadoes. Also a rogue wave mechanic would be cool at some point, again a very unlikely thing to see but maybe one day you are out sailing and a massive wave slams your ship under the waves, is your crew able to keep her afloat or are you doomed to the depths. Icebergs and fog in the polar regions with heavy snow causing over weighting on ships if you don't keep them clean? There's a lot of options that can be added that aren't the stupid multi waterspouts which are honestly more annoying than they are cool and always spawn right around the ship no matter which direction you turn.

Turning off shadows removes fog. No idea why. I've never thought fog was a good addition to any game I've played. Why build this beautiful world, then obscure it 50% of the time with impenetrable fog.