Sign in to follow this  
Cantore

PLEASE, Fix the land clamping radius!

Hey Devs,

Bottom line - Land is in short supply, as  you well know. People are settling literally ANYWHERE they can. There's a HUGE problem with that though. Since the islands are mostly small, RESOURCES are rapidly disappearing because the land clamp radiuses of structures (particularly Small Shipyards, Large Shipyards, Lighthouses, and Foundations) are de-resourcing the areas in a MASSIVE way!

I had a nice chap settle next to us in a prime location. I let him know that he had to build on the water like I did, because the resources de-spawn and the island is so small. We got his house built just off the shoreline, and he wanted his Small Shipyard. He placed it, and all of the resources up to 100 blocks were GONE after we harvested them once.  This radius clamp is REDICULOUSLY HUGE!

Please help us get our island's resources back by lowering ALL structural land clamps to +1 instead of +100 blocks. Make is so people don't HAVE to build with the sharks in order to preserve resources on their island.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

12 hours ago, Cantore said:

Hey Devs,

Bottom line - Land is in short supply, as  you well know. People are settling literally ANYWHERE they can. There's a HUGE problem with that though. Since the islands are mostly small, RESOURCES are rapidly disappearing because the land clamp radiuses of structures (particularly Small Shipyards, Large Shipyards, Lighthouses, and Foundations) are de-resourcing the areas in a MASSIVE way!

I had a nice chap settle next to us in a prime location. I let him know that he had to build on the water like I did, because the resources de-spawn and the island is so small. We got his house built just off the shoreline, and he wanted his Small Shipyard. He placed it, and all of the resources up to 100 blocks were GONE after we harvested them once.  This radius clamp is REDICULOUSLY HUGE!

Please help us get our island's resources back by lowering ALL structural land clamps to +1 instead of +100 blocks. Make is so people don't HAVE to build with the sharks in order to preserve resources on their island.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

With shipyards totally agree. This is a problem. As for foundations - well, we need to be able to make pastures somehow and i would rather not have to build it out of foundations and just leave small gates around with a shack or two inside.
But yeah, shipyards are tragic in this regard.