Sign in to follow this  
Virkatjol

Lets talk about ladders.

I have a terrible time climbing them if the water is moving at all or if they are touching the ground. It glitches me under the boat and sometimes i teleport to the top and sometimes there's a shark eating my face.

When it's on land i glitch to the right of the ladder. 

This is frustrating when i accidentally miss the climb down and fall into the ocean from the crows nest. 

My friend just likes to laugh at me cause i can't use ladders. But i am hoping it's not just me. 

Also swimming up to them i just shoot right by half the time and if we make them shorter so the water motions don't cut them off I can't stop under it and reach up.

• Like 1

Grabbing the ladder while in the water does at times feel like it’s own mini game, but with a much higher penalty for failure if a shark is in hot pursuit. I have found with practice I can time it decently most of the time but I’m by no means automatic. I haven’t experienced the glitching to the right you’re describing though.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Virkatjol said:

I have a terrible time climbing them if the water is moving at all or if they are touching the ground. It glitches me under the boat and sometimes i teleport to the top and sometimes there's a shark eating my face.

When it's on land i glitch to the right of the ladder. 

This is frustrating when i accidentally miss the climb down and fall into the ocean from the crows nest. 

My friend just likes to laugh at me cause i can't use ladders. But i am hoping it's not just me. 

Also swimming up to them i just shoot right by half the time and if we make them shorter so the water motions don't cut them off I can't stop under it and reach up.

its not just you, grabbing the ladder is very frustrating you move so far in the water when ever you hit the WASD keys that you over shot the ladder every time you attempt to align yourself up....  its completely frustrating to no end...  and if sharks are around well, you likely dead!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

its not just you, grabbing the ladder is very frustrating you move so far in the water when ever you hit the WASD keys that you over shot the ladder every time you attempt to align yourself up....  its completely frustrating to no end...  and if sharks are around well, you likely dead!

I try to be minimally dressed/holding things when up there just in case death becomes.

2 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Grabbing the ladder while in the water does at times feel like it’s own mini game, but with a much higher penalty for failure if a shark is in hot pursuit. I have found with practice I can time it decently most of the time but I’m by no means automatic. I haven’t experienced the glitching to the right you’re describing though.

I'm glad it's not just me!

We had a great parking spot with the brig backed up to the island the other day and i could not climb the ladder. it would just put me back on the ground next to the ladder.

It was a pretty impressive parking job though. 😄