Sign in to follow this  
Aanika

Animal Breeding

So in order to raise a baby bear you have to watch it 24/7 for 48 hours straight. Is this intentional? people mentioned penguins might be the solution we got 11 of them and they do nothing for animals. Is this just incomplete or is this working as intended?

Honestly it is a ton of experimentation right now.  The devs have not released a 100% complete wiki for all of this, so players are for the most part just working together to get what information we can out there.  Yes you will have to watch the baby for quite a long time so a group of players that have free time available is pretty much the best solution to this.  I'm not entirely sure if the temperature still affects the animal once it is out of the baby stage but if so then it will be a very involved process.  I've heard penguins were the solution as well, but I've also heard a tundra outpost with grills would also be a good option.  To be honest unless you have a boat load of free time you probably shouldn't get involved in breeding just yet unless it's just to understand the underlying mechanics of the process before information is posted on the wiki.

Temperature will kill an animal in less than 2 min until it is COMPLETELY grown, we had to watch a bear for 48 hours straight until it was an adult. Penguins do nothing we tried this. they do not effect animals. Which is why I am asking if this will change in the future. even if you have an entire company willing to help with this unless you have players on all time zones its difficult to say the least.

Edited by Aanika