Sign in to follow this  
TrevorJD

Stop ALL mobs from agro'ing on anchored ships

Thanks to your moronic rules, my parrot, "safe" on the top floor my anchored brigantine wheelhouse just got killed by a fucking rattlesnake despite the presence of 15 "crew" and a fucking combat veteran bear. It got on board because you created a game about sailing ships and didn't put in a retractable fucking gang plank! Instead I've had to build a fixed one.

How about instead of letting tens of thousands of people get extremely alienated due to shit like this, you shut it down for a few months, hire someone who knows more about sailing ships than someone who once skimmed the cover of Moby Dick and give it a play test with a few hundred people?

They fixed this last week because I remember reading about this in the patch notes exactly as you just written the issue you had. Before the patch, rattle snakes, giant snakes and crocs would be all over my fucking ships. After the patch, i could be sitting on the railing of the ship, just chilling and they wouldn't have the slightest bit of interest in me. And I leave pets on my ships all the time too, still not issues since patch.

Might be user error if you put a gang plank on your ship. If a wild animal is able to wander onto your ship, its behavior most likely will change and target any living thing there. Who knows, never tried building a gang plank since I've never had an issue with boarding my ships

Just would like to throw it out there that this game is in early access... the warning was right there when you bought it. The idea is that they got the game to a playable state and then they released it so that they can study how we play to tailor the experience. Also, places like this forum and Reddit provide places to provide feedback. The devs took ARK from hardly playable dumpster fire to one of the better games I have played over the course of the early access period. I have also been able to shoot snakes off of my raft and they just flail around but never attack me or my mighty vessel. There have been many times that I was fighting some wildlife and needed to retreat to my ship to survive and the creatures have not followed me, rather they seem to lose interest as soon as I am on the boat. 

• Like 1