Sign in to follow this  
WhiteAlpha

Do someone ever see a dev answering to a topic on those forums ?

Hello there, 

As asked in the tittle, someone already see a devs not a moderator, answering to one of the topic on those forums ? 

Personally i never saw any devs answering or telling what they are planning, working on, or even are conscious of the problems we are listed on the forum .

Give me your feedback ! 

Cheers

Jat posts his own blog that he just started, and has already replied to comments on it. However, beyond that, two things imo:

At this point in the development cycle you should not really want to see actual developers posting here. The first month of EA launch is an intense period of development and I suspect a lot of devs have mostly lived at their desks excepting Xmas and New Years since launch. They only have the same 24 hours in a day that we have, so time spent posting here is time not spent working on the game.

Secondly, devs are devs because they have skill at coding. Many technically minded people are brilliant at it, but not brilliant at communication skills. They also have no professional background or training in communicating with and to a large diverse playerbase who all want different things. (I want Olivia Munn and Cheetos for example, why aren’t these things in the game yet?). I’d respectfully suggest that what would be better for all concerned would be an actual trained PR professional acting as liaison between the devs and the community. You know, the sort of thing smart game development teams have.

Edited by boomervoncannon

Jat has replied to bug report topics in the past, as far as the discussion forum, I have only seen him post in his ‘v10 blog’ 

Jat too busy hanging out in the streamers streams to post comments. He answers questions in their chat like Chris Roberts answers questions in regards to SC 'content' that is 'missing' (that was paid for or shown in a 'gameplay' video). So take that for what its worth.

@Boomervoncannon 

Yeah sure, i agree with you, for most, but when you say they don't have professionnal background or experiences in those situations, i can just not aggree with you. 

As i'm an ARK player, and active member of ARK Forums, it was litterally the same, for more than 3 years, so don't they learn from their mistakes ? 

Can't they hire a community manager, who can feed them back on what they saw here, and calm down people, and tell them what the devs are planning to do, in order not to let them in a fog. 

Well i'm a little disappointed to see that things doesn't change, after years, especially when they have years of dev on ARK and they perfectly know what is going on on forums & with the people nervosity, because yeah they build game which are litterally ' Chronophage ' ( sorry dunno how to say it in english ), ppl get invest in it, and when they lost HOURS of play time by a bug or something, they like to be care of as they pay for a product. 

I mean if i buy any regular products in shop or wherever, if it's broke by a ' bug ' , and i go back to the shop, they instant replace it, and expresse their regrets for you, that's absolutelly not the case here.