Sign in to follow this  
FriesenGamin

PvE Claim Contesting Question

So I just went out exploring since we are on a Lawless Island and aren't involved with all the new claiming stuff.  While out I noticed some claim flags and was curious how contesting worked.  I pulled up my flag and it said someone just paid their upkeep so they were safe for 12000 seconds or something.  However the next one I went to said they were at -1200 seconds or so but I still couldn't contest his land with my flag is this a bug or what am I missing here?   Now I went around the island some more and found someone I could contest but when my flag was placed the timer wasnt going down and his sea claim didn't look to be lowering at all while i waited around and did some more looking around for about 30 minutes.  

Can someone give me a brief idea of how the claim contest system or just claims in general should work...

14 minutes ago, FriesenGamin said:

So I just went out exploring since we are on a Lawless Island and aren't involved with all the new claiming stuff.  While out I noticed some claim flags and was curious how contesting worked.  I pulled up my flag and it said someone just paid their upkeep so they were safe for 12000 seconds or something.  However the next one I went to said they were at -1200 seconds or so but I still couldn't contest his land with my flag is this a bug or what am I missing here?   Now I went around the island some more and found someone I could contest but when my flag was placed the timer wasnt going down and his sea claim didn't look to be lowering at all while i waited around and did some more looking around for about 30 minutes.  

Can someone give me a brief idea of how the claim contest system or just claims in general should work...

EU PvE on tundra?

5 minutes ago, FriesenGamin said:

Nope NA PvE in a tropical zone I believe.

Ok,nvm then, was ust asking bcs someone was in our base not long ago trying to steal.

12 minutes ago, FriesenGamin said:

Is the claim system bugged?  You cant even contest when peoples upkeep is expired

It counts down to -240k or something, or atleast it was before they changed flags, now who knows how long have to wait, the more flags tha person have the less time it takes to steal their flag but it still propably counts to negatives.

Edited by Nightstrasza

11 minutes ago, FriesenGamin said:

Is the claim system bugged?  You cant even contest when peoples upkeep is expired

I noticed the upkeep expired, and I'm 99% positive there is no one in the radius to contest, but it still says my steal is contested. The press e to see all contesting players works too show sleepers, but shows nothing for the phantom contesting issues.