Sign in to follow this  
hardfreak

Nitrado server help

Hi guys,

I've just started a private Nirado server for me and my friend. I've used them before on Ark and had no issues, I'm familiar with how to set up the server and change the settings etc. I'm not sure what I'm missing here on Atlas, but other than a couple of freeports our game world is barren! There are literally no other islands for us to travel to. After reading a few bits I'm led to believe this has something to do with the cluster and that maybe I need to use a server grid editor? I've never come across this before so any help would be massively appreciated.

Thank you!

Yes you have 1 grid. You can make grids by yourself (or download made ones) and you can place that to be your island grid on your private server. I’ve done this on G-portal and I don’t know if it’s the same on nitrado. 

I’d start here, it’s multiple parts, make sure you read all of it: 

https://www.drac346.net/2018/12/how-atlas-works.html?m=1

I would also suggest joining the unofficial server help discord here:

https://discord.gg/Nq72m3K

Make sure you go through the #shortguides and #downloads channels as there is some good info to start with there.  I’d suggest reading those and drac’s guide.  If you still have questions then someone can help in the discord, just ask.

I’m hosting on nitrado as well so if you have any questions specifically about that then ping me on discord and I can help (same username as these forums)

Just FYI if you want more grids to make the map larger, you’ll have to rent 1 Atlas Expansion Server for each new grid you want.

Edited by vdubmastertech