Ferron_Arrumekan

Not a Suggestion. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!!!!

So, my mate and I were out on our galleon.. All day. Like 16 hours out at sea. We have a holding pen for our tames. Pin coded. Nice and secure. Sadly, it's not fully enclosed. Elephants are stored on the top of it. That being said, everything is set to passive, that way if a lion starts attacking the structure, all of the stuff on the roof doesn't just.. Run off and potentially (most likely) die.

With that information, we just got back.. Opened our taming pen and! All of our tames are gone. They all apparently died because a F***ING LEVEL 4 WOLF SPAWNED INSIDE. INSIDE!!!! OF THE PEN! Seriously! What the f***! That was over 10 hours of work taming stuff. Gone. Done. Down the drain. Most of those tames were for other people on the island! Seriously! Grapeshot Studios. Wildcard Studios. Whoever the f*** you are. FIX. YOUR. GAME. THINGS SHOULD NOT SPAWN WITHIN X meters of a player structure, like in Ark. FFS! And my work week starts today, so I won't be able to do anything for the island until my next set of off days. This is absolutely absurd.

OH! And 1 other thing! We are on a PvE server. Don't have a PvP oriented mindset, plus the degree of griefing in PvP.. NO thanks. It's already bad enough in PvE. With that in mind, we nuked a lv 25 SotD with our newly built galleon. We started hunting them to gain levels on the ship, loot, ect. We kill the lv 25. Took us over 10 minutes because of the ship wiggling, fog and the agro range being super low. I had to almost touch the ship before it agro'd, which I'm not complaining about! I like their agro range being small. Makes it easier to get the galleon through things safely. ANYWAY! We kill the ship once we actually got it agro on us. Took less than 2 minutes and 30 ish large cannonballs. Cool. We see the loot in the water. I stop the ship as fast as I can. My mate jumps into the water and goes after it. Then, some ***hole comes in and steals the loot box before we can get to it. There is literally nothing that could have been done. At all. Grapeshot, Studio, whoever. Please, for the love of god, add a TIMER to SotD loot boxes, so that whoever did the most damage on the ship gets a chance to get to the loot and look at it so some p**** in a boat that actually turns around can't come in and steal it from us. We are a 2 man crew. 2. Manning a galleon. That was a rough battle for us, just to have some guy with his shiny little brig come in and steal the loot from us. A TIMER would fix that, and I'm not talking about some 30 second timer before it becomes open to public looting. It has to be at least 5 minutes long. Galleons don't slow quickly. They don't turn quickly. Getting to the box can be a challenge in of itself. Seriously.

Grapeshot, my mate and I love your game. We've logged almost 200 hours onto it since launch. We run a taming service, own a large chunk of land and are a part of an alliance full of active players that love your game. Even with its faults (and trust me, there is a lot), it's an amazing game. I love a lot of the mechanics, love the difficulty, ect ect.. But seriously? Aggressive mobs spawning INSIDE of the holding pen I painstakingly built to keep my tames safe? And other players able to loot my SotD kills? That's just stupid. The taming system is already kind of messed up and your breeding system for this game is... Cancerous. Loosing all of our tames because some lv 4 wolf spawned in our stuff? That shouldn't be a thing. If I left them outside, then I can get it.

Again, please fix this. This is something that we shouldn't have to worry about. We were having a great day. Full of adventure. We found like 18 discovery points today, made some new friends, got some new elephants (that I am not terrified to loose).. Just to have our loot taken and our previously thought safe tames slain. 😕

• Like 1

Gonna start this off with ... man that sucks, sorry for ya..... I think the animal spawning is still a bit wonky, but for future reference.... this may help (or it may not.. the game is buggy)

Did your pen have any foundations inside of it??

Like Ark (pillars) certain structures do not stop the spawning of resources/animals .....

in Atlas, it seems Gateways alone will not stop the spawning of animals (Gates can also be placed outside of claims) 

It seems to me that two conditions need to be met to stop the spawning

- a claim flag

- foundations 

it seems that foundations WITHIN a claim flag (cant place them outside of one) have a radius to stop spawns, since we have built a 3rd structure in our gate-walls.... wilds have completely stopped spawning inside (up until that, with only 1 structure, we had 1-3 wild bulls in our gates, then 2 ... it went down to 1 bull at a given time..... now we have had 0 for 20 hours) 

if you have a stretch of area in your pen without a foundation.. try placing one

Again sorry man

9 hours ago, Vertoxis said:

Gonna start this off with ... man that sucks, sorry for ya..... I think the animal spawning is still a bit wonky, but for future reference.... this may help (or it may not.. the game is buggy)

Did your pen have any foundations inside of it??

Like Ark (pillars) certain structures do not stop the spawning of resources/animals .....

in Atlas, it seems Gateways alone will not stop the spawning of animals (Gates can also be placed outside of claims) 

It seems to me that two conditions need to be met to stop the spawning

- a claim flag

- foundations 

it seems that foundations WITHIN a claim flag (cant place them outside of one) have a radius to stop spawns, since we have built a 3rd structure in our gate-walls.... wilds have completely stopped spawning inside (up until that, with only 1 structure, we had 1-3 wild bulls in our gates, then 2 ... it went down to 1 bull at a given time..... now we have had 0 for 20 hours) 

if you have a stretch of area in your pen without a foundation.. try placing one

Again sorry man

Aye, I had the entire pen built on foundations, multiple in fact, since we live on a slope. And at the front of the taming pen is a large gate. We own a large chunk of territory and had the structure built right next to our base. It would appear that.. It doesn't quite work like that, at least not on our island. I do appreciate the help though. I think I was told how to get things to stop spawning. Involves a ship yard and building to the sea bed.. A pain in the ass but it means that tames will be safe. Just have to get the resources together to pull that build off, though am really wanting to just wait for them to do some form of patch to fix this issue.

I also chuckled at the guy trying to taunt me who posted after you "Oh look, someone else who needs to GIT GUD on here crying". Uhm.. What's the point of taunting someone on here? There is a problem with the game, I am pointing it out. Am I upset? Yes. That just set our taming service back by a huge margin, since we are a grand total of a 3 man crew. Those tames took us over 10 hours to get. That's what I'm upset about ; the time sink.

Anyway, I do appreciate you trying to help mate. I just don't quite think it works like that. A claim flag is right next to our holding pen, along with foundations and a behemoth gate. Something is wonky and repairs are required. *nodnod*

Lost mine as well for a fully enclosed top and bottom pen that had all foundations covering the area, lv 4 wolf got in/spawned in and ate my hunters. didnt touch the chickens or the cows thank god. but ya. no idea how that went.