Littlelucifer

Alpha mobs pet friendly fire needs fixed asap

So many people are losing pets due to alpha mobs, you cant do anything when riding your mount as some are squishy but shooting flaming arrow kills your mount as well trying to kill alpha snakes etc, can this be fixed. You need some way to kill alphas but same time not kill your pet. Should be another option for killing your pet if this is the case

We are on one of the Lawless Islands in J8. We are experiencing similar problems to everyone else in that resources are not respawning, and we are having similar problems with the Alpha Mobs. We don't have foundations spread around to block the resources respawn, so we are thinking it must be due to the update V10. Currently, we are unable to leave our taming pen due to the amount of standard and alpha (Wolf, Tiger, etc. ) spawns. The picture only shows one side of our taming pen and the other is also being attacked without provoking the wild animals.  Is this what we should expect in the lawless areas or will this be patched?

Why is this a thing Atlas Devs.jpg

Additionally, giant snakes can climb walls? I guess that's a thing as well. I was on the forum writing the previous post while in the game, finished the post then (tab) in to find my elephant and character dead to a giant snake.  Respawned on our boat only to watch the giant snake climb over (two walls high) back in the base then kill me again.

2 minutes ago, McGeezer said:

Additionally, giant snakes can climb walls? I guess that's a thing as well. I was on the forum writing the previous post while in the game, finished the post then (tab) in to find my elephant and character dead to a giant snake.  Respawned on our boat only to watch the giant snake climb over (two walls high) back in the base then kill me again.

We've had some of these issues, our walls are now I think 5 or 6 high and nothing gets in except the undead when they get spawned inside of the base due to someone not reading the sign and letting us pay them to give us the map to do.  But there definitely needs to be some tweaking on these mobs, some can climb way too easily and some are just way too aggressive. As for the Alphas there is major adjustment that needs done, especially since tamed animals can barely compete against non alpha versions of themselves. 

• Like 1

Yea, I should have taken a screenshot of my log to show all the death (LOL). It's challenging to forgive the Dev. on the mob issue right now, since the last game they created (Ark 1k plus hrs) seemed to function. That said, I know its early days for the game, so I can understand and forgive most of the problems. I look forward to a solution soon. 

I'm just hopeful something is said soon, I can look past nearly any issue as long as the dev has bothered to post somewhere that they are looking at the issue.  Perhaps I've missed this notification but Alpha/Aggro Mobs hasn't had much said on them being as insane as they are.  The nerf on tames made it apparent that they are not meant to be our main weapon in battles, yet the wild are so out of control in some scenarios that people are barely surviving or just run around naked knowing they will die, but will hope to get closer to their base with the resources they wanted.

• Like 1