So I live in the desert on an unofficial server.  It gets pretty hot there, routinely 80-90+ degrees F during the day.  Most of the time, I'm running around getting water because I'm building up a monstrous thirst whilst working my tail off.  So please explain to me how a cold front suddenly comes through three nights in a row and causes temperatures IN A DESERT to drop to -40F.  I know there are different types of deserts in "the real world" (which this isn't); if this WERE to be compared ton Earthly desert, it would be the Sahara or other hot desert which might drop as low as 20-30F at night.  NOT -40.  Geez, man. 

According to NASA, some deserts here on Earth can get as high as 38C (108F) and drop down to -4C(28F) at night.   Which is below freezing.

Considering the lack of continental land masses I couldn't even begin to predict what the weather of this world would be like. I'd imagine weather fronts could roll almost uninterrupted across the globe. Severe weather systems like blizzards in tropical areas certainly seem possible to me. 

• Like 2

I actually like the pretty wild weather in some regions.  It makes the world feel "alive"...