Tminus009

Remove Alphas

4 hours ago, Fix this said:

taming is shit right now. If you some how manage to find a decent level of something you want to tame that isnt surrounded by alphas and you dont have a saddle on you when you tame it to slap on immediately theres a 50% chance its going to die to an alpha on the way back to your base.  if you ever take it out of the base theres a 100% chance its going to die to an alpha within 3 days. 

Tames are too weak and the frequency and power of alpha spawns is thru the roof

Do yourself a favor and just skip taming for now

I was asking about the archery tree and asking if the projectile damage increases effect the damage of fire arrows

16 hours ago, Tminus009 said:

Im asking to see if i need to put 24 point in that tree or 9

9 is all you need and all i use. but you do get more damage if you spec in it. I had one of our guys go from lvl 8 to lvl 40 in less than 40 fire arrows last night. Just killing alpha rhino and alpha elephants.

13 hours ago, Fix this said:

try living in a zone without sap everywhere ...... you cant just flame your way out of the situation.

They respawn too fucking fast to be dealt with. Perhaps your island doesnt have more than one type of aggro animal. If you try living somewhere with 2 or 3 types and they each spawn an alpha it gets VERY old VERY quick. 

maybe you need to do a trip. I was at a freeport last night with my schooner, stocking up on fire arrows. crafted myself 5k firegel, as the freeport had all the materials needed. I play on a 6x6 unofficial so i can't tell you what the freeports on official will be the same. But my guess is you can find sap(sugar) on damn near any island in the tropics.

Edit: my island has dumb amounts of wolves, and tigers, snakes, scorpions. We are building massive gate perimeter today because we get packs of wolves almost every 10-20minutes at our bases front door.

Edited by Nokim

Alphas are easy to counter on foot, however be riding an elephant for harvesting, have it aggro to you from football fields away then try to outrun the thing and get to a "SAFE PLACE" without losing said tame.(It dies every-time normally within the first 2-3 swings of said alpha)

Yeah its no big deal if a player dies its another issue however if tames are involved and they always are for anyone that invests the time and effort to tame, which if you weren't aware elephants are great at harvesting wood: Reduced weight, gathers more than a tool and has a fairly nice weight cap as well.

My response was not about handling them on foot, it was STRICTLY about how to counter them when farming on a TAME which is not possible currently.

Try living where, wolves, lions, scorpions, bees(both near and away from hives), tigers, (vultures out the butt whenever you killed anything), now imagine all of those having alphas and all of them spawning in and around your door step, welcome to hell. (OFTEN TIMES  there being one of each type of alpha up sometimes two!)

There is a point of being counter-able and just flat being overwhelmed(INB4 durhur move somewhere else pleb), you are not going to find anywhere worth living where there is not at least one aggressive creature that has an alpha variant.(Also company size may play a factor but not everyone has 100's of mindless drones like "MOST" the streamers have)

We are here to test and give feedback, not everyone is going to agree for varying reasons, i think removing them flat out is a terrible idea. Albeit not for the same reasons as everyone on this post but i feel there does need to be a degree of threat from wild life, just not to the extent that there is a flat guarantee that you are going to lose every tame you bring out and there is no way to get away or combat it on said tame.

There is a time and place to be constructive and to give good feedback verses a knee jerk reaction feedback.