Sign in to follow this  
Miedein

Racsim in Atlas

Any man, woman, or even child who supports the banning of "hate speech" is indeed treasonous to the concept of free speech.  Especially if so-called "hate speech" is "truth speech".

Edited by [616]RexFortis

I just want to keep the discussion on topic and not ranting about boycotting or wether or not racist comments are legal or not in a forum or online game setting. ^.^

I'm all about constructive discussion and

Plus the fact that the point I'm making from the article I linked is that the Devs believe this will just blow over like it does in Ark. But because of the scale of Atlas and how much larger it is, trying to ignore it and hoping it just goes away is going to kill the game.

1 minute ago, Miedein said:

I just want to keep the discussion on topic and not ranting about boycotting or wether or not racist comments are legal or not in a forum or online game setting. ^.^

I'm about to leave so do as you will, but just an fyi - I don't really care what you want.

And I'm glad that saying things like that makes you feel so much better about yourself. Good for you. Pat yourself on the back, and let's return to the topic of the discussion and not the ramblings of someone that doesn't know what they're rambling about. ❤️

3 minutes ago, Miedein said:

I'm all about constructive discussion and

Plus the fact that the point I'm making from the article I linked is that the Devs believe this will just blow over like it does in Ark. But because of the scale of Atlas and how much larger it is, trying to ignore it and hoping it just goes away is going to kill the game.

Chinese and NA/EU players hardly every get along well in an online game setting. Given the language, timezone and differing views on what is ethical gaming - it does nothing for either group and ruins the experience for both. 

If i ever do come back to this game, which i hopefully will, id love to see the servers region or ping locked personally.

Just now, Miedein said:

And I'm glad that saying things like that makes you feel so much better about yourself. Good for you. Pat yourself on the back, and let's return to the topic of the discussion and not the ramblings of someone that doesn't know what they're rambling about. ❤️

Well I must say I am glad you aren’t like the other guy that complained about racist comments and then plastered the N word all over his thread. 

That was a horrible thing to do and hopefully he gets banned for it. I don’t care if he was trying to report something. You don’t out stuff like that on the forums

Just now, McGimp said:

Chinese and NA/EU players hardly every get along well in an online game setting. Given the language, timezone and differing views on what is ethical gaming - it does nothing for either group and ruins the experience for both. 

If i ever do come back to this game, which i hopefully will, id love to see the servers region or ping locked personally.

That won’t happen. They don’t have the money to make a whole cluster and keep it going for the whole two years it will be in early access. And even if they did have the money, they are way too cheap to do that

I'm guilty of racism myself. So I'm not going to complain about racism . But more, I want to see the segregation of EU, NA, and Asia. Even with an empathetic look on it, is it really fair to make Chinesse players have to play with really high ping? And like I said in the OP, even if setting a server in China is a hassle, it's a lot easier to set up in Japan or Korea. Hell might even be easier setting it up in North Korea 😛

5 minutes ago, Miedein said:

I'm guilty of racism myself. So I'm not going to complain about racism . But more, I want to see the segregation of EU, NA, and Asia. Even with an empathetic look on it, is it really fair to make Chinesse players have to play with really high ping? And like I said in the OP, even if setting a server in China is a hassle, it's a lot easier to set up in Japan or Korea. Hell might even be easier setting it up in North Korea 😛

Yeah I don’t agree with the segregation. That’s a horrible idea. If you want Asia servers that’s fine(they don’t have enough money) but eu can still go to na so the Chinese should be able to as well 

Edited by Realist