Bluediemond

Threats of quitting....

4 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

The more I see these forums, the more I realize the genius of some of the devs who made/are making games I loved or know I will love.  The Devs of WWIIOL knew that people would not stick around to be the target of other people.  People play to enjoy themselves.  They envisioned a game where the majority of players had roughly a 1/1 K/D ratio.  They were very close to that in the end.

Chris Roberts understands this concept also.  People won't stick around to be a punching bag for the elite players.  So the plan is that in Star Citizen, 9 of 10 ships, or people you meet in game, will be NPCs.  This means that literally everyone can be successful, if they at least try...from the worst player, to the best player.

I would love to see something similar in this game.

Okay I am curious who are in in WW2....  I am obviously me same name 3 time axis KM HC 1 time allied Navy HC, and one of the biggest opponents against the HC they ruin the game!  I am well known as one of the most outspoken players against the Heer / army stale tactics thru the south and supporter of joint combat in the zee's...  Long time member of Feldjager!  Anyway just a little off topic....

33 minutes ago, Anarki said:

Sounds like you dont want real time gaming, if that is the case go and play a turn based game.

PvP should be real time, I dont want to sit around for 24hrs for something to do. Sporadic ideas are generally the most fun. 

It would be nice to have some sort of offline raid protection but I dont think they will add that to PvP

Also, as I read this, some things stood out to me.   When you happen across somebody's hidden base, and bypass their turrets to raid while they are offline...that is NOT PvP.  It's the pure definition of PvE.  You are not fighting against a player.  You are fighting against AI, which let's face it, is no different than playing a single player game, except that the level designer was a player, who has limited tools to present a challenge to you.  I have found many single player games, far more challenging than raiding the base of somebody who is offline.  It's just not a challenge to raid a base in ARK.  It's a simple process that everyone knows how to do.  And all the advantages are on the side of the attacker.  All of them.

So, if you plan a raid...a major raid on somebody's base, the planning and prep often takes time.  All a war declaration system would do, is give the other side the same ability to plan and organize.  Ah, but there goes your easy victory.  You actually have to be better than the other side, to win, and get in their base.