Sign in to follow this  
Retarded Bird

Make Taming nerfs PvP specific

Can you guys please make these massive nerfs to tames specific to PvP servers and untouched on PvE servers please?  .  You nerf tames that much on PvE it basically renders them almost pointless other than from a gathering standpoint. Major part of the fun of taming stuff is to fight on them like wolves, tigers, lions, Bears, etc.   This change should be on PvP servers only and not PvE.  40% dmg nerf to my 43 Bear that's hitting for 40 would reduce it's dmg to be more than half of my own player dmg basically making them pointless now to fight on. You guys seriously need to push this update to PvP and NOT PvP, hell even PvP it shouldn't take place.  Taming a wild animal SHOULD be doing good dmg since they're powerful ass creatures.

Edited by Retarded Bird

Just when you thought your tames were fairly weak, they become very weak.  You go look at Ark and see a tame at the same level as the same wild creature and the tame is hands down stronger, but not really sure if it would even be stronger here at all.  The point of taming something on Ark was to have something stronger than a person running around on foot.  A saber is one of the weaker tames, but can still do at least double the damage per hit as a player both at max level.  A tame here double my level does about the same damage as a normal sword swing with a 100% damage sword.  There should actually be a point to taming things for fighting, but the only reason for taming now is to gather resources better.  Why bother taming something to fight when it's easier to just kill on foot with much less effort making basic items? 

Option 1
You die when things spawn on top of you... take 2 minutes to run back and get your stuff then go back to what you were doing....

Option 2
Tame dies when things spawn on top of you... spend half the day trying to find another high level, if you're lucky... lure it somewhere so you or it doesn't die when trying to tame... spend 30 or more minutes taming it... start leveling it again for the basically unnoticeable difference each level makes and however long it will take to gain a lot of levels just so it can barely outdamage me unless I have blueprint items....

Option 2 seems like it's nothing but aggravation and a waste of time right now, which is probably why everyone is still running around on foot.  Buff tames by 25% just to nerf them by 40% makes no sense, especially when fighting tames weren't really useful after the buff besides having one just to have it since you can't seem to breed anything anyway.

I like option 1. I lost too many tames either threw animals walking in my stone house killing and destroying everything when offline. Or from having 10 wolves, lions, snakes agroe from across the map. Sorta gave up taming can't keep them alive enough to farm anything.

I decided to try taming again with the update. I knew the nerf bat. Even with the extra food. Taming is still retarded. Having an animal wake up multiple times while I shoot it full of arrows and then bola repeatedly. Wash, rinse and repeat. Yeah i'm ok with using tools and harvesting metal at this point. Just died while taming a lvl 29 wolf that also died because 2 lions just ganked me while I was trying to feed said knocked out wolf and it woke up at the same time. But not after it got swiped by lion paws.