Sign in to follow this  
Boredaholic

5.0 still no go

For part of this maintenance, we've released a new major version (v5.0). You can restart your steam clients to download the update, this will allow you to connect to and play on the Official Network whilst we iterate on the servers.

stupid font... to lazy to stop it, but it says we should be able to play during maintenance.

Well hey, maybe.

I just tend to find the most pessimistic interpretation to be the most accurate. :classic_tongue:

The latest fix is out, and based on their message it seems to imply they plan to continue to monitor to see if they can really figure out what the problems are, and probably put out more patches until at least a majority can actually login.  At least I hope that is the goal.

If you are still having issues with it, I found on two occassions now, when I verified files in Steam it fixed a file and I was good.  May be a good idea to make this a standard operating procedure when they push a new version.

I managed to get into a freeport and, judging from all the sleeping people around me, I wasn't the only one.

Couldn't get my framerate above 12fps on any graphics setting, but I did manage to run around the starter island a bit, get overheated, hit Level 2 without doing anything and admire all the moonwalking wildlife.

10/10 for authentic early access experience. 😎

15 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

If the server you are trying to connect to is still on 4.1, you won't be able to do that.

I am on 5.0 on client, and waiting for my server to update to 5.0, as right now, I cannot reconnect.

How fast do you guys push out server updates to 3rd party hosts? Just curious since I run a server on Nitrado. I've been restarting it, but no luck with an update.

9 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

I actually have no idea.  I am a volunteer moderator; I don't work for the company directly.

I do know that once it goes out, it is still up to the vendors, such as Nitrado, to push it out to all of the servers.  That sometimes can take a while, as they don't seem to do them all at once; based on what I have seen when admining multiple private servers.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate the quick reply. Guess I will be patient and wait.