Sign in to follow this  
Will Parrot

About the land claim and space issues

I get that with v.10 patch that problem will shrink a little bit, but land that will become constructible because of neutral claims still is not equivalent to owning a bit of land... On PVP it allows to maybe have some protection from the company owning the claim, for PVE they just get to pay taxes for no reason but the fact someone was faster at game launch...

My suggestion would be like in many other games to have a company leveling system. When a new server launches every company would have 1 claim flag initially and would be able to get more with company levels... Imagine a system where you would level up number of claim flags, number of beds, amount of tamed animals / fleet etc.. There's a lot of different things that could be tied to company level, my point here is however specific to claim flags.

That way initial claiming of massive amounts of land on game launch would not be possible. Solos or small companies wouldn't even need to up the number of claim flags a lot to suit their needs, bigger companies would eventually get the company level they need to have enough flags but they'll get to that point over time as they grow !

• Like 1