Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jack Shadow

Towns and Villages with Ambient Crowd Noise.

I would like to see the Devs make a statement concerning these locations.  Are they like ruins on ARK where you can build on them?  Presently, you can, but my mind is convinced that these locations are not finished.  I am under the impression that these locations will become NPC marketplaces, thus not allowing you to build there, and if you have, a future update will just make your stuff go bye-bye.  So I chose not to build there, but I have seen some people put extensive work into building in such places.  For instance:

image.thumb.jpeg.320f1339d6c3996578482c6b924efd98.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f3881ddbaa1fb9fa39e5f2ca4bd59dc1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5d57c41b522617e5182cb2ff6463d473.jpeg

So the question is simple.  What are the plans for these areas, and how much control of these areas, will players be allowed to have?  Will you be able to keep buildings like this there, and thus use them as a base, blocking the area for others?   Will you not be able to build there, buy place a land claim to tax trade with NPC's  Will there even be NPC vendors?   Settling these questions with honest answers would be a good thing, even if the answer is, "We are not sure yet," accompanied by a statement on what they would like to do, but are not sure of the feasibility.

I guess it is the ambient crowd noise that leads me to believe that the area is unfinished, and meant to be visited by many players...likely...to visit NPC vendors.