Sign in to follow this  
Rogash

Combat Mechanics Overhaul

The combat in this game needs an overhaul. The player combat is fine, what I mean is the creatures. They took the time to develop a more intricate system than Ark's combat but neglected to adjust the way PvE combat works. We have all of these dodges, slashes, and stabs with no reason to even use them. Instead we constantly spam a specific attack because it has higher dps or longer reach. They should look at a game called Conan Exiles and use it for inspiration for their creature mechanics. The creatures need proper attack animations with vulnerability windows. If they don't have this it's just a tank and spank scenario, or a cheese fest of getting things stuck so you can shoot it. 

This combat worked in Ark because you were never meant to fight creatures on foot or with guns. This however is completely different in Atlas. You are expected to be able to kill creatures without the need for tamed creatures. I really enjoy the more grounded focus of the game and I hope they improve the combat. I look at so many other games and wonder why they can't do similar in Atlas or Ark.