Sign in to follow this  
Watru

Gameplay Experience 90 hours.

Experience:
Now after 90 hours i think i can provide some decent feedback.
Some issues have been addressed already like the gathering rates.
And soon also ship building costs.
This will provide some much needed releefe for the grind we have been experiencing.

After 90 hours of playing it is sad to say that i have never had a gun.
Never sailed a ship and not relay experienced anything the game has to offer.
The biggest reason for this is that the predators are to powerful and to many.
And you never get the time to breathe before something jumps you again.

This eventually gets frustrating and boring and has actually prevented me and my 5 friends of progressing.
And all of us are used to hardcore survival like Life is Feudal, Rust, DayZ, and so on.
But this game just wont let us get started.
Please Grapeshot can you do something about that?

I refuse to belive it is meant to be like this.
90 hours and i have yet to make anything other then a litle shack and some arrows.

Resources:
While the gathering rate now is better there is stile the issue about the lack or none excistent metal nodes.
For my 90 hours i have only seen 2 Chopper Nodes and both was in a freeport.
I dont think they spawn at all to be honest.

Melee Combat:
Unable to kill anything with melee vs PvE Animals you always die or passout.
Overall my experience have been filled with more frustration and boredom then actual gameplay and fun.

Am not giving up just hope devs address this.

Cheers!

Edited by Watru

There's a few techniques I found defending our crew of... 2   

As head of security detail, for the company of the clueless..   I found the following tips really help.

Wolves..  A major source of problem.  Get yourself a pike or spear.. many spears if you have no pikes (from smithy), and lead the wolf into the water.  Sitting duck.  They hate water, and you can pike em until they die.

Crocks.   Blighters.   Use a bow, they're vulnerable on land.  Kite them around, keep turning back to shoot em with arrows.  Get the fat meat pinata wedged in between trees, and taunt them.

Snakes..  Annoying, again, arrows.  Don't get close, don't melee them.  Just kite them as they're slow and fire at the tops of their heads.

Scorpions..  Same, kite and arrow them.

Keep 3 or 4 bows in your inventory and plenty of arrows.   They're cheap and you don't want to run out.

What's fun is when you meet an alpha herbivore.  Any of the predators will eat anything they come across, even if chasing you... so be sure to detour towards that Alpha 250 horse and watch the show.

One thing for sure is that the wildlife in Ark.. I mean Atlas is brutal.  Arrow has more utility than trying to club things.  Just don't get stuck in the water with a crock, or on land with wolves / cats.  With one person on watch, and armed with the right tactic against the creatures, you can keep them at bay until you get walls up.

Good luck out there!

• Like 1

Lawless zones the wildlife are far less aggressive, have a much shorter aggro range so you can get close, lawless zones in the tropics are easy mode. 

Build there, stay there, 12 hours after arriving you can have a 10 cannon schooner ready to go as a single player. Provided you know where to find salt 🙂

• Like 1

Thanks for the tps, and i do use arrows.
But i mean i cant turn my back 1 minute with out something attacking me.

I just dont find it entertaining, and i know a lot of people dont ether.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Watru said:

Thanks for the tps, and i do use arrows.
But i mean i cant turn my back 1 minute with out something attacking me.

I just dont find it entertaining, and i know a lot of people dont ether.

I feel you though, we have had the same troubles.   Just get walls up and fence off your base.  Once done you can start to stockpile resource and you'll progress nicely.  I found door arches quite fun... no animals can seem to pass through them and whilst they sit one side you can simply shoot them / tame them!

Good luck out there