Sign in to follow this  
Rackham

Unofficial Servers are running better than the Official ones?!

SO been trying to log into an official server since "launch", whenever that was and I've been getting the "Unable to fetch current..." error that everyone seems to be getting.

I did have a little success on the EU PVE server (I"m based in Canada though) and managed to log in, but then was plagued with "rubber-banding", where I would walk forward a few feet and then I'd bounce back. 

So after hours of trying to connect to connect with an Official server, I tried on a whim to connect to an Unofficial server. 

Holy crap, it ran smoothly. No rubber-banding. No bugs. No problems.

So why the hell are those servers running better than the Official ones? If some kid in his basement can run a better server than the Devs, what gives??

Getting frustrated here and would really like to play this game on an official server at some point.

I was finally able to get mine up and working this morning, it's currently running 4.1 with server host Nitrado. The main servers are just overloaded right now, regardless of how many salty sailors there were before launch, a lot of people are swarming to try it out. Hopefully over the next few weeks everything will smooth sailing.