Hello guys,

it was easy to setup our first server with all the useful information found in this forum.  We were running a 2x2 grids without any issue, Cpu usage 5-8% each.  Now we are planning to build new grids but we don't know why our little server ( core i5, 32 gb memory ) now use 15 to 30% cpu for each grid ( also with only one running ).  If we uses the old ocean.atlas save on the new grids cpu is ok.  We tried the same setup on a I7 with 16gb memory and it runs normaly without this high cpu usage.  From your experience, what's the link between cpu usage and old/new save ?  We done several tries in several different cases but impossible to find back a good cpu usage.

Thank you for your reply.

servers capture.jpg

Edited by Flavien
  • Confused 1

How many islands in each grid and are there any _PVE islands.  _PVE are the golden ruins with tons of creatures and are major resource hogs.  

For optimized usage i'd not go over 5 islands and no more than 2 large islands per grid.  Performance will really start to tank the more you add.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Karageek said:

How many islands in each grid and are there any _PVE islands.  _PVE are the golden ruins with tons of creatures and are major resource hogs.  

For optimized usage i'd not go over 5 islands and no more than 2 large islands per grid.  Performance will really start to tank the more you add.

Ark Running 40k Dinos ^^ Empty CPUusage  5% ^^ ATLAS Server unbalaced as fuck...but i love that game 🙂 wait for future updates