Sign in to follow this  
Killmaster

Guide to Treasure hunting

Although I knew of finding treasure maps. but I found little to not information as to what to expect. 

I didn't want to go into something and risk losing everything. As I'm a single player. Luckly the 1st time I tried this I only lost my inventory stuff.

However this video shows you a Successful run. Start off low with quality maps and work your way up as you become stronger/confident.

Rule #1: Do not, under any circumstances, go hunting with a big ship and lots of gear unless you are prepared for a fight. Landing on islands is pretty much impossible unless you do it stealthily or have permission from the groups controlling them.. And most groups tend to be dickheads about it if you announce your intent. I suggest sneaking onto the island with a few pistols and such for killing the mobs that spawn, go solo or with a group of 2-3, get in and out fast. Do not linger. Like  said, most groups in this game can be pretty territorial and unwilling to compromise right now, even if your only intent is to simply set foot on the island for a few minutes to claim a treasure. If you feel the need to announce yourselves however, I would suggest offering a compromise with them and ask whether they would be willing to send a single member of their crew to join you on the hunt and gain a portion of the loot. That way they at least gain something from the situation.

On 1/6/2019 at 6:41 AM, Killmaster said:

Although I knew of finding treasure maps. but I found little to not information as to what to expect. 

I didn't want to go into something and risk losing everything. As I'm a single player. Luckly the 1st time I tried this I only lost my inventory stuff.

However this video shows you a Successful run. Start off low with quality maps and work your way up as you become stronger/confident.

Wow what an incredible waste of time....could of shortened it but making sure you are prepared like a shovel bow and arrows vs that thing@!